08 December 2023

Thinking Odd Even for Socialization in 2024

 Based on what I know about myself and the Myers-Briggs tests (three times taken), I am only slightly extroverted.  As such, fine at work but enjoy my respite at home.  Too much socialization drains me. . Covid was no doubt a sad event and many lives lost.  If there was an upside from this misery, it was the amount of time I was able to spend at home without any commitment to go anywhere.  About three months into Covid, I got past the complete fear and was able to be productive.  I read a lot, woodworked a ton more, and got a lot of sleep.  It was very nice.


The world is back to normal, more or less.  I do enjoy seeing some friends, doing some volunteer work, etc.  However, I am feeling drained again not recharging.  It doesn't help that Nov and Dec are busy social months.  It not just a woodworking thing.  I'm thinking in 2024 to got to an odd even system.  Odd months, I say no to all social commitments and basically stay at home outside of the days I need to go to work and the one night I teach at a local college.  Even months, I say yes to most socialization things.


I'm hoping this helps bring some balance back to my life.  I don't want another pandemic but I want to feel more recharged.  Ever since I've know my brother-in-law, he doesn't go anywhere on Sundays.  If we want to see him, we go to his house.  I think I'm starting to understand why.


We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment