05 September 2020

Vax for screws

No, there wasn't a typo in the title but we will get there in a bit.

I was blessed in that one set of grandparents lived next door to us.  I spent a lot of time there and slept over often.  My grandfather was retired by the time I was born.  I have many fond memories of him and my grandma.  One of my grandfather's hobbies was to do woodworking.  He like to make picture frames but he made many other things including toys for us.  

Recently, I was talking to my dad and he reminded me of something my grandfather used to say.  Also, I was watching a YouTube video and saw someone doing it which made me think to write this blog.  My grandfather would say "use wax on your screws."  Except, having grown in Southern Italy and having come over in his 30s, wax sounded like "vax."  I love accents.  When I head the story from my dad, I could hear my grandfather's voice in my head.  He's been dead for over 40 years and I still miss him.  Life is too short.  He gave other good advice to me, even on his deathbed.  Using vax on screws is good advice and I do it to this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment