31 October 2020

Easy Way to Keep my Marking Knives Sharp

I have been woodworking about 5 years now and realize sharpness is very important.  I don't like sharpening any more than the next person.  I've found a simple solution to keep my marking knives sharp.  I bought one of those simple v notch knife sharpeners (think this one was around $25) that has a coarse and then a fine on it.  Since buying it, I sharpen my knife much more frequently than I did before.  While I'm out there sharpening my marking knife, I will often sharpen my pocket knife as well.  I am sure there are better ways to get even a finer edge but this is one that I use very frequently.  Now to get one in the kitchen.



2 comments:

  1. I have the exact same pair of marking knives that you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul Sellers makes excellent recommendations. I tried more expensive marking knives but still prefer these.

      Delete