19 December 2020

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

My wife has been asking for a breadbox for the kitchen for a while.  Since I recently finished a half size dimension (1/8th volume if you do the math) Anarchist Tool Chest, I am looking for another project.  This seemed like the perfect project to start.  Below the initial sketch I prepared.  It is heavily influenced by the Wood Magazine Arts and Craft Nightstand (Nov 2004, issue 159) I built for my daughter not that long ago.  




I will need to refine the design a bit.  It should be interesting to see what the final product looks like.  My wife has given specs in terms of how the bread must be stored length and height wise so that provides some of the criteria.  I like have certain specs it needs to meet.  I'm hoping to make this out of cherry and maple and finish with shellac.  I think I have enough spare wood around so it won't require purchasing new wood.  Wish me luck.  I will share it when it's finished (probably 3 months from now given how slow I work).

No comments:

Post a Comment