26 January 2021

Don't give up - Paul Seller's Words That Inspire Me

 This weekend I had a bunch of housing dados to do.  One of the things that really sticks from me is something Paul Sellers said "don't give up; keep going."  What I find is that mid way through and operation, everything looks like crap.  Early on, woodworking was very intimidating because of this.  I kept Paul's words in my mind and plodded on.  Suddenly, as I finished the operation, things looked good.  It took me a while to realize that things would look ugly during the middle of doing something and that was normal.  Below are a few photos as the beast becomes the beauty.  For those just starting, don't give it.  If I can do it, so can you.


Figure 1.  Midway though.  Gads, what have I done to this pretty wood.


Figure 2.  After I finished.  All looks good now.  Glad I didn't give up.  Early on in woodworking mid-way through would make me feel like quitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment