31 July 2021

How I Determine My Essential (But Not Minimal) Tools

 What I have been doing myself, I keep only the tools I use on the peg board in front of the work and underneath the bench.  If a tool is hanging or in a basket on the pegboard and isn't used, it gets removed and in a cabinet.  Some tools that used to be in cabinets have made their ways back to the pegboard such as the Stanley bullnose plane.  I find it a helpful way for me to determine what is and isn't an essential tool.




I should point out that just because something is used infrequently doesn't mean it isn't important.  I am also not trying to create the minimalist list of tools. Maybe a better word than essential would be handy tools that i don't want to be without.  I'm sure some of these tools could go in a cabinet.  Part of the reason I like to take photos of my workspace is to see how things have changed over time.  The two photos are from 2013 and 2018.  I should really take another photo.  I want to say things haven't changed too much from 2018 but I won't know till I have a photo and can do a comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment