17 January 2022

Productive Long Weekend - Shop Clean Up in Progress

 I had MLK off so that meant a three day weekend.  In late Feb I will be giving the woodworking club I belong to a virtual shop tour.  I'm excited about this.  I've used that activity as incentive to give the shop a deep clean and organization.  I will have a longer post about this when it is all done.  Below is a before and after of one area that has been a mess for 5 years.  The mess is gone and what remains on the smaller table is all going to be sold and the table folded up.  



In doing this deep clean and organization, I am also getting around to little things I've wanted to do for a while.  About two years ago I skipped one of the two stairs when walking down them and took a good fall.  My wife had kindly bought me this more visible anti-fatigue skid mats.  Finally, I got them installed.

I also finished the bow saw project (future post written and set to go out in March), made a small cart to hold my handyman tools, and started making a long spatula for the wife for one of our tall big pots and got half way through that.  Just felt really good to get a bunch of things done.  I can't control the world but I do get a sense of peace when I know my shop is tidy and in order.  When I mentioned above a March posting, the obvious question is why so far out.  The answer is that I try to post just once a week (Sat 7 am PST).  It can be hard to write a blog; the woodworking is easy.  What I have been doing the last few weeks is forcing myself to write a bit each morning.  It seems to be working.





No comments:

Post a Comment